Sunday, May 12, 2013

Retaliate and Defend!

Thanks to the same advice from many, I may have found the solution to my kitty poo problem.  The citrus spray really didn't seem to be helping at all so I'm of the opinion that it's a wives tale.  If anyone can share some success storeis using citrus and how they used it that would be great!

Round two: I've purchase, cut up, and laid down chicken wire between my plants.  This is supposed to deter kitties because they don't like the feel of the wire on their dainty little paws and so won't use the area for future toileting.  I just laid it down yesterday, so it's too soon to say for sure.  I'll post again in a couple days to say whether it's done the trick for certain.  So far it looks pretty threatening though:


I had some people say bury it, and some say just lay it over top.  I went with the latter option so that it would be less disturbing to the plants.  I'm really glad I decided to do it this way because it looks like I've got some lettuce coming up!
  Aren't they so cute! A little displaced from kitty digging, so I'll have to wait till they get a bit bigger and re-plant them in more uniform rows again, but I'm so excited that they've come up.  Nothing on the California Wonder Green Bell Pepper, Purplette Scallion Onion, or Sweet Walla Walla Onion yet.  

The scallion is supposed to germinate in 6-16 days and it's been 14 so if I don't see anything in the next few days I'm betting that the seed got too disturbed by digging.  Same for the Walla Walla.  The California Wonder takes 8 - 25 days so still too soon to really be concerned yet.  If nothing comes up then I'll see about getting some seedlings to put in the places since it's too late to start from seed now.  The rest of the seeds I have I'm going to save for my aquaponic indoor garden.

Regarding that I've started pricing the things I'll need to get that started and it's looking like I won't brake the bank to do it. I'm very excited to get it up and running, but need to be patient and ask that you all stay tuned for future posts regarding aquaponics and composting!

That's it for now, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment